Senior Android Engineer (m/f/x) remote in UK
Founded in 2014, Scalable Capital is a financial technology startup with offices in Munich and London. Our aim is to transform the traditional wealth management industry, making first class investment services available to everyone. Our management team combines deep capital markets experience and e-commerce know-how with decades of academic research into financial markets. Our company has repeatedly been mentioned in the German & UK Press as one of the most promising fintech startups. We've also won an award as "Best German Robo-Advisor 2016" and according to Financial News our smartphone app is one of the "must haves of the fintech age".
Visit our finance blog to find out what our Expert Team has to say.
Work with our team remote or onsite anywhere from UK.
As Senior Android Engineer, you will
- Implement, improve, fix and change anything that has a positive impact, technically and product-wise
- Work together with a highly motivated team of software engineers and academics implementing change in the financial industry.
- Experiment and propose new technologies to get the best out of the Android Platform such as OCR and NFC.
- Write clean, testable and well-documented code and treat security as a first class citizen.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with respect to the technology landscape.
- Own the full app lifecycle from ideation to delivery to the Play Store.
What we offer
- Be part of one of the fastest-growing and most visible Fintech startups in Europe, creating an innovative service that has a substantial impact on the lives of our customers.
- Work with an international and growing team with past careers at large (financial) institutions such as Goldman Sachs, Google, Westwing or BlackRock.
- Enjoy an office in a great location in the middle of Munich, one of Germany’s most attractive cities.
- Learn and grow by joining our in-house knowledge sharing sessions and your individual Education Package.
- Explore our Neo-Broker with a free subscription to our Prime Broker.
- Enjoy numerous startup perks.
- Work productively with the latest hardware and tools.
- Benefit from an attractive compensation package.
- Learn about the german culture and join our free german language courses.
As (Junior) Android Engineer, you have
- A University degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. computer science, engineering, sciences, ...) or a comparable qualification.
- Strong Experience with our tech stack: Kotlin, Rx, Dagger and GraphQL/ RESTful API.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Excellent communication skills that are clear, concise, and targeted towards your audience - engineering, product, or other stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly pick-up and adapt to changes in the Android framework.
- Interested in other technologies and stacks.
- Thorough knowledge of software development best practices, like Design Patterns, Clean Code, Agile Development and Testing