Java Engineer (m/f/x) - Business operations
Scalable Capital was founded in 2014, entering the FinTech industry with the aim of democratizing investment management and brokerage. Our mission is to use modern technology to make investments both easier and more affordable. Today, Scalable Capital is Europe's largest digital wealth manager with assets valued over 2 billion Euros under management, a neo-broker for independent decision makers, and a European leader in providing B2B digital wealth management platform solutions. Visit our finance blog or tune in for our podcast to find out what our expert team has to say.
If you are looking for scalability in your professional career, join us in re-defining how investors think about wealth creation and in making first class investment services available to everyone.
As Java Engineer in the Business Operations Team, you will
- Develop, scale, and support the business processes needed to run our wealth management and broker businesses
- Build smart monitoring dashboards and enrich the agent tool that is used by internal and external stakeholders for the support of our clients
- Collaborate with both the investment management team and the product owner to identify areas of improvement
- Be part of the Platform Tribe and drive change & innovation in our technology platform
- Work on cutting edge technology and apply modern software development practices (e.g. agile and self-sufficient teams, continuous integration and deployment, test automation, cloud-based infrastructure, and tooling
What we offer
- Be part of one of the fastest-growing and most visible Fintech startups in Europe, creating an innovative service that has a substantial impact on the lives of our customers.
- Work with an international and growing team with past careers at large (financial) institutions such as Goldman Sachs, Google, Westwing or BlackRock.
- Enjoy an office in a great location in the middle of Munich, one of Germany’s most attractive cities.
- Learn and grow by joining our in-house knowledge sharing sessions and your individual Education Package.
- Explore our Neo-Broker with a free subscription to our Prime Broker.
- Enjoy numerous startup perks.
- Work productively with the latest hardware and tools.
- Benefit from an attractive compensation package.
- Learn about the German culture and join our free German language courses.
As Java Engineer, you have
- A university degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. computer science, engineering, sciences, ...) or a comparable qualification
- Exposure and/or interest in our tech stack: Java, Kotlin, GraphQL, JWT, Docker, Spring Boot, AWS
- Strong analytical thinking, both in the technical and in the product domain
- Excellent communication skills that are clear, concise, and targeted towards your audience - engineering, product, or other stakeholders
- A passion for well-architected, testable, and documented code
- A profound understanding of RESTful API Design
- Experience with Python and a background in financial services is a plus