Java Engineer (m/f/x)
Founded in 2014, Scalable Capital is a financial technology startup with offices in Munich and London. Our aim is to transform the traditional wealth management industry, making first class investment services available to everyone. Our management team combines deep capital markets experience and e-commerce know-how with decades of academic research into financial markets. Our company has repeatedly been mentioned in the German & UK Press as one of the most promising fintech startups. We've also won an award as "Best German Robo-Advisor 2016" and according to Financial News our smartphone app is one of the "must haves of the fintech age".
Visit our finance or engineering blog to find out what our Expert Team has to say.
As Java Engineer, you will
- Work alongside a highly motivated team of software engineers and academics implementing change in the financial industry.
- Get to work on cutting edge technology and be part of modern software development practices (e.g. agile and self-sufficient teams, continuous integration and deployment, test automation, cloud-based infrastructure and tooling).
- Use your skills to full potential with our bleeding-edge technology stack based on Java 8, Spring Boot and Docker and a 100% cloud based environment.
- Create the next generation wealth management service.
- Translate challenges the business faces into technical solutions.
- Design and implement interfaces with major players in the financial industry to connect the Scalable Capital Robo with the world.
As Java Engineer, you have
- A university degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. computer science, engineering, sciences, ...) or a comparable qualification.
- Exposure and/or interest in our tech stack: Java 8, Kotlin, GraphQL, JWT, Docker, Spring Boot, AWS.
- Strong analytical thinking, both in the technical and in the product domain.
- Excellent communication skills that are clear, concise, and targeted towards your audience - engineering, product, or other stakeholders.
- A passion for well architected, testable and documented code.
- Profound understanding of RESTful API Design.
- Experience with Scientific Computing is an advantage.
- Background in financial services a strong plus.