Head of Technology (m/f/x)
Scalable Capital was founded in 2014, entering the FinTech industry with the aim of democratizing investment management and brokerage. Our mission is to use modern technology to make investments both easier and more affordable. Today, Scalable Capital is Europe's largest digital wealth manager with assets valued over 2 billion Euros under management, a neo-broker for independent decision makers, and a European leader in providing B2B digital wealth management platform solutions. Visit our finance blog or tune in for our podcast to find out what our expert team has to say.
Does the prospect of creating strategic PoCs excite you? We are looking for an experienced Head of of Technology (m/f/x) with proven skills as a leader, engineer and technical architect. Your responsibilities will include building and mentoring teams of engineers. The ideal candidate (m/f/x) has experience in a Cloud Native environment (AWS, GCP, Azure) and in architecting high availability systems. You’ll work closely with the CTO and other Engineering Leaders on decisions on technology and vendors and executing Due-Diligence and Assessment Processes on the one side and creating an appealing and competitive developer environment on the other side.
As the Head of Technology (m/f/x) you take responsibility for internal and external tooling, including build vs buy decisions. A clear understanding of the business, it’s requirements and the impact of technology decisions in the context of stability, scalability, security as well as efficiency is needed.
- Define and execute efficient cloud native development, integration, migration and delivery methods
- Together with the CTO, define, influence and execute the technology and product roadmap
- In close collaboration with the CTO and the Architectural Board, you define and execute a highly scalable and robust architecture in a hypergrowth environment
- Ownership of the Technology Certification procedure adherence and process improvement
- Identify and assess emerging information technologies that may be introduced to the organization
- Execute the roll-out, integration and introduction of services and tools throughout the company
- Review, negotiate and execute external service agreements on a regular basis
- Attract, develop and retain staff across the spectrum of responsibilities.
What we offer
- Be part of one of the fastest-growing and most visible Fintech startups in Europe, creating innovative services that have a substantial impact on the lives of our customers
- The ability to work with an international, diverse, inclusive, and growing team which loves creating the best products for our clients
- Enjoy an office in a great location in the middle of Munich, one of Germany’s most attractive cities and the opportunity to work remotely
- Learn and grow by joining our in-house knowledge sharing sessions and your individual Education Package and numerous startup perks
- Work productively with the latest hardware and tools
- Say goodbye to order commissions thanks to your complimentary subscription to the PRIME Broker
- Benefit from an attractive compensation package
- Degree in computer science, engineering or related field (MSc. preferred, PhD a plus)
- Ability to work under the pressure on multiple projects in parallel
- Demonstrated experience in architecting highly scalable systems in a cloud native environment
- Several years of demonstrated experience on senior level in one of the following: Software Engineering, Cloud Infrastructure, System- and/or Network Administration
- Familiarity with our technology stack: Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Typescript, ReactJS, Webpack, Next.js, GraphQL, Docker, AWS
- Experienced in attracting, selecting and retaining top talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in working in a regulated environment (Financial Services, Healthcare) is a plus