Cloud Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/x) onsite or remote (in Germany or UK)
Founded in 2014, Scalable Capital is a financial technology startup with offices in Munich and London. Our aim is to transform the traditional wealth management industry, making first class investment services available to everyone. Our management team combines deep capital markets experience and e-commerce know-how with decades of academic research into financial markets. Our company has repeatedly been mentioned in the German & UK Press as one of the most promising fintech startups. We've also won an award as "Best German Robo-Advisor 2016" and according to Financial News our smartphone app is one of the "must haves of the fintech age".
Visit our finance blog to find out what our Expert Team has to say.
Work with our team onsite or remote from anywhere in Germany or UK.
Scalable Capital was built in the cloud from day one. Our services currently run on various AWS services like ECS, Fargate and Lambda and are distributed across multiple accounts. We embrace a DevOps culture where the development teams manage their CI/CD pipelines and cloud infrastructure for their services themself. Our Site Reliability Engineering Team focuses on shared infrastructure to enable the development teams to deploy and operate services in the cloud productively and securely.
As a Cloud Site Reliability Engineer, you will
- Continuously improve our cloud setup. This includes recurring analysis of our AWS infrastructure as well as migrations between services
- Research and integration of tooling to improve our processes
- Mentoring and enabling our teams to further foster our DevOps culture
- Be responsible for improving infrastructure and deployment automation using tools like Terraform, Jenkins, GitHub Actions
- Support our business and software development teams to monitor and operate our AWS cloud platform including logs, metrics, tracing, and security
What we offer
- Be part of one of the fastest-growing and most visible Fintech startups in Europe, creating an innovative service that has a substantial impact on the lives of our customers.
- Work with an international and growing team with past careers at large (financial) institutions such as Goldman Sachs, Google, Westwing or BlackRock.
- Enjoy an office in a great location in the middle of Munich, one of Germany’s most attractive cities.
- Learn and grow by joining our in-house knowledge sharing sessions and your individual Education Package.
- Explore our Neo-Broker with a free subscription to our Prime Broker.
- Enjoy numerous startup perks.
- Work productively with the latest hardware and tools.
- Benefit from an attractive compensation package.
- Learn about the german culture and join our free german language courses.
As a Cloud Site Reliability Engineer, you have
- Experience with at least one public cloud provider and infrastructure as code
- Working knowledge in at least one general purpose programming language
- A degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. computer science, engineering, sciences) or work experience in a role that typically requires a university degree
- A passion for automating and improving processes
- Full professional proficiency in either English or German and the ability to communicate concisely in an international English-speaking environment
- Previous experience in networking, audit-logging, and access tracing is an advantage