Android Engineer (m/f/x)
Founded in 2014, Scalable Capital is a financial technology startup with offices in Munich and London. Our aim is to transform the traditional wealth management industry, making first class investment services available to everyone. Our management team combines deep capital markets experience and e-commerce know-how with decades of academic research into financial markets. Our company has repeatedly been mentioned in the German & UK Press as one of the most promising fintech startups. We've also won an award as "Best German Robo-Advisor 2016" and according to Financial News our smartphone app is one of the "must haves of the fintech age".
Visit our finance or engineering blog to find out what our Expert Team have to say.
As Android Engineer, you will
- Get the empowerment to do, implement, improve, fix, propose and change anything you see that has a potential for being better, technically and product-wise.
- Work alongside a highly motivated team of software engineers and academics implementing change in the financial industry.
- Experiment with new technologies to get the best out of the Android Platform such as OCR and NFC.
- Write clean, testable and well-documented code and treat security as a first class citizen.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with respect to the technology landscape.
- Own the full app lifecycle from ideation to delivery to the Play Store.
As Android Engineer, you have
- A University degree in relevant field of study (e.g. computer science, engineering, sciences, ...) or a comparable qualification.
- Exposure and/or interest in our tech stack: Java 8, Kotlin, RxJava, RxKotlin, GraphQL.
- Strong analytical thinking, both in the technical and in the product domain.
- Excellent communication skills that are clear, concise, and targeted towards your audience - engineering, product, or other stakeholders
- Familiar with web services, REST, and message queues.
- Prior exposure to cloud-native or micro-service architectures.
- Interested in other technology stacks.